There are few primary sources specific to the town of West Newbury on the website at this time. For a wider context see Essex County and Beyond Essex County. Visit Heritage at Home for a list of online resources from each of the towns of Essex County, including West Newbury.
West Newbury, Massachusetts was first settled in 1635 as a part of Newbury. In 1819 it split away and was incorporated as its own town. Relevant documents for West Newbury prior to 1819 may be found on the page for Newbury.